Intertextual Connections


Grey's Anatomy

Dad went in for surgery this morning. He tells his mates that he has gone to Bali for 4 days. He recognizes Bali as the beach, in which the Pantai (direct malay translation - beach) Hospital, he spends the next 4 days there. You might be quick to ask, "Oh what is he in for?". I can tell you honestly, I don't really know, all that I know is, its nothing major and he'll be out in 4 days. I am fairly aware of the surgery that he is having but that's about it.

You see, this splendid man has pramagtic attitude towards life, and takes everything with a coast of ego and fairful pride. He never tells much and I also don't ask because he is never comfortable talking about it. He beats the bush hard enough to even say, consider it a detox holiday for me. I keep mum and well, pray. what else can I do?

He reasons way too much for his own good sometimes. But mostly, people don't spend time thinking at all and that's a stark difference in the work he does. He's an extreme deep thinker in which I personally think, I might understand him more than some who claim that they know him most. How wrong they must be when they believe that they know my dad most because of work times spent with him.

They forget the bloodline. They forget the DNA imprint. They mistaken thing young facade has the very same characteristics that he has. A much well, struggle yet appreciated quality that I try to balance.

He has done well in many right but in forms of family formation I can safely say, he's on an entirely different tangent. Not an example I can or want to emulate. I recently read a young girl's blog entry on visual love that she wrote about her dad who had just returned from a long trip. In it she wrote how her dad gave her mum three tight squeezes of hugs and enjoying the love of comfort to be in the arms of each other. And he came over to give her the 'you okay?' look and a kiss on her crown. I personally felt that was beautifully written and captured. A scene that would never happen in my home unless a breakdown of tears had taken place.

At my young age, I'm already so aware of my mortality and I believe at my dad's - he's even more aware but sadly, he still chooses to reason the very nature of the mind and world because he knows that he still has it in him.

I get tired trying to have that striking off the beat conversation with him. I know what surges him and I know that we both can relate. But so much in me, I want to share a whole different perspective on life - the cross.

But I know that may not happen anytime soon. I only say this from my own personal and mindful reason after all. Bapa borek, anak rintik yea?

I also don't want to be sharing the good news on his death bed one day. The task ahead of me is daunting.

W's dad has just gone to the Lord this afternoon. The wake is tomorrow evening. I'm glad that I managed to partner with her in prayer during this tiring process, I think the support is much needed.

I have always painted such a picture if my dad had passed:-

On the pulpit I would share his life and capture the most of his being and the voice of the family, and I would lit a ciggarette, have a smoke - wear my sunglasses and walk out. Dramatic I know, but I think if he never knew the Lord, I don't know what I can reall say about his life other than the fact that he has provided handsomely for his children and wife but missing the priceless opportunity of loving us in the most unconventional way - a love that required nails to be pierced into his hands.

I guess its my reponsibility to show him that love now.

And a tear rolled,
to each his own.

0 Responses to “Grey's Anatomy”

Post a Comment



© 2005-2006 Intertextual Connections | Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.